The St. Louis Artists' Guild hosts a variety of special events throughout the year, including music concerts, plays, and our annual fundraiser Collectors Choice.
Scroll down for details on all our upcoming events:
Collectors Choice XIX
Art Work Requirements for Submission
• Artists may donate one or two pieces of artwork.
• Artwork must be valued at $250 or above.
• Art must be original (not copied from other art or a reproduction of original art)
• Hanging work should have wire and screw eyes.
• Framed size should not exceed 72” x 84” and 30 lbs. Freestanding or pedestal work should not exceed 100 lbs.
• Canvases should be framed, or gallery wrapped — there should be no visible staples or nails on the sides of your canvas.
• Frames must be stable and in good condition.
• Art may be created by the artist or donated from a personal collection.
• All images of the donated artwork must be uploaded by Saturday, September 14th or your work will not be included in the Collectors Choice XIX catalog. Please visit our website, stlouisartistsguild.org for more information.
• Collectors Choice XIX Committee has final approval over all art donations.
If you need someone to pick up your artwork, call the office at 314 727-6266 to arrange pickup (all pickups need to occur before Friday, September 6th).
If you need your artwork photographed, please bring it into SLAG no later than Saturday, September 7th, 10 am – 2 pm. Artworks will be stored at this time.
Catalog Deadline: Saturday, September 14th by 6:00 pm.
Final deadline for digital entries, 300 dpi jpeg, image proportions maximum 5”x7”.
Please upload your images and information via EntryThingy under Events, as directed on our website.
Deliver Artwork Donation: Saturday, October 12th – 19th
During that week, the hours for delivery are Tuesday – Friday: 10 am – 6 pm & Saturday: 10 am – 4 pm.
Artwork donation forms will be provided at the time of delivery.
Wed, October 30th Artist Recognition Party at 7 pm.
All donating artist are invited to bring a guest, pick up a catalog, and view the art.
Sat, November 2nd Collectors Choice XIX Selection Party
Doors open at 5 pm and Artwork Selection begins at 7 pm.
To learn more about attending the event or donating auction items, click the button below.
Innovations in Textiles 2019
Innovations in Textiles 2019is a collaborative event presented Fall 2019 throughout the St. Louis region—including St. Charles and Columbia, Missouri, and Metro East Illinois. Innovations in Textiles 2019 serves to enlighten the community with a unique aesthetic perspective on fiber art.
Created to investigate the state of contemporary textile arts, Innovations in Textiles2019 is comprised of over 40 regional nonprofit & commercial art galleries, organizations and museums that have joined forces to present innovative exhibitions that explore fiber art, textiles and fashion created by local, regional, national, and international artists.
In addition to exhibitions, a broad range of artistic programming & activities are planned, including receptions, open houses, workshops, lectures, gallery talks, studio tours, a bus tour, and other community programs throughout Fall 2019. Innovations in Textiles 2019 will take place August through November 2019 with a special weekend of events scheduled with Surface Design Association’s “Beyond the Surface”St. Louis Conference October 3-6, 2019.
Learn more on our website: http://innovationsinstextilesstl.org
Beyond the Surface
2019 SDA Biennial Conference
Exhibition Dates: October 3-6, 2019
Join us in St Louis for SDA’s 2019 biennial conference, Beyond the Surface, for a long weekend of fiber October 3-6, 2019. We are partnering with St Louis-based Innovations in Textiles 2019, a regional event showcasing more than 30 textile exhibitions in the St Louis metro area. Open to members and non-members. Registration is now open.
Beyond the Surface includes:
Pre-Conference Workshops, Wednesday & Thursday (October 2 – 3)
Opening Reception on Thursday evening, October 3
Day of Speakers on Friday, October 4
A Conversation with Jane Sauer, Friday, October 4
Juried Exhibitions of members’ and student work + Small Works Exhibit of member art
Bus tour to selected Innovations in Textiles 2019 venues, Saturday, October 5
Conference Wrap Up, Sunday, October 6
Student Events, Future Tense 2019 & Student Panel